Monday, November 2, 2009

Alain Petriz


Name: Alain Petriz
Born: January 7th, 1957
Location: Talant, Dijon (France)
Height: 183cm (6' 0")
Weight: 103kg (227 lbs)
Years Bodybuilding: 17
Contact: alain@alainpetriz.com
Web Site: alainpetriz.com


Favorite Bodypart: Arms, Shoulders
Favorite Exercise: Squats, while at the beginning I hated him

I discovered bodybuilding by chance and very late in my life... After I had quit rugby, I felt the need to exercise. A friend of mine had just subscribed a gym membership. He asked me to go there with him and I did. I didn't quite like the idea to go to a gym. However that was my first time in a gym. I was 33 years old. My weight was 85 kilos (187 lbs.) and my height was 183 cm ( 6 feet). Believe me, I have never been really skinny. I must admit I was not very much impressed by the gym. I thought it was stupid to struggle with a barbell and two 10-kilo ( 22 lbs .) plates on the sides.
I am honest. I kept on for several months. Eventually, I bought a gym-set to work out in my basement. Lonesome and in my basement - that was the very starting of my career as a bodybuilder. I had no knowledge. I didn't read bodybuilding magazines. I had been training insanely for three years. I had not been following any special training program. My only goal was to acquire a noticeable size.

Later on I started to read bodybuilding magazines and got interested into any bodybuilding champion. I subscribed to a brand new gym in Dijon. It was the Athletic Gym and the owner was Jacky Biondi. The ambiance and the people were wonderful. There I started to work out hard and to diet properly.

One year later, Jacky began to talk me into entering for a regional competition. The idea had never crossed my mind before that day! He pressured me so much that he got me persuaded. So I got it started! Thanks to his advice I won my first competition at Macon in 1994. I was 37 years old! My height was always 183 cm ( 6 feet ) but now my weight was 83 kilos ( 183 lbs .)! Today I can barely realize what I was able to do and the results I got.

Contest History:

2005 - 4th place at the Grand Prix Pro Weider
2005 - 3rd place (finalist) at WPF Mr.Universe
2003 - 6th place (finalist) at WPF Mr.Universe
2002 - 4th place at the Grand Prix Pro Weider
2002 - Vice-Mr Universe in La Grande Motte
2002 - WPF European runner-up in Italy
2001 - Withdrawal from the Mr. Universe (injury).
2001 - Vice-Champion WPF of Europe in Gijon, Spain
2001 - French Champion APF/WPS Senior over 210 lbs
1999 - 1st - Final UFSH in Strasbourg, France. Senior HW
1997 - 5th - World Championship WABBA Senior HW
1997 - 1st - final of the French Champ. Senior HW
1996 - French Champion - Super Light HW at 195 lbs
1995 - 3rd place at the French Championship's finals
1995 - 2nd - French Championship's semi-finals
1995 - Champion of Bourgogne
1994 - 3rd place at the French Championship's semi-finals
1994 - Champion of Bourgogne
1993 - Champion of Bourgogne. Light HW class at 183 lbs
1993 - Novices at Macon
1993 - Debut in the FFCPAS/WABBA category

No comments:

Post a Comment