Sunday, November 1, 2009

Blake Berkhout


Name: Blake Berkhout
Nickname: Berks, Berkcules, Ed
Born: December 3rd, 1986 Height: 6'2"
Competitive Weight: 200
Off-Season Weight: 205-210



Blake Berkhout played competitive hockey for years up to Junior A. Begun competing in 2005 at FAME Halloween Mayhem.

Interview by FAME:

How did you get started in the fitness industry?

Was found by a NY agency online and made the trip out to NY where I found I was recieving amazing feedback so decided to pursue it.

What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment?

Overcoming a hockey career ending injury and improving my physique to turn my career goals towards modeling/ competing and acting.

What are your long-term goals?

Yes, as well as being a full time student.

How do you motivate yourself to stay in shape?

The love for working out keeps me going as well as the results.

What tips would you give to someone who wanted to get into the fitness modeling (or fitness competition)?
Give it a shot, who knows where it can take you as long as you enjoy it, run with it.

What has it meant to you competing with WNSO/FAME?
I competed in FAME Halloween Mayhem finishing 3rd in the Junior division and 9th in the Fitness Model Search. Being in my first competition my goal was just to have FUN and make it a good learning experience and it definately was both. It halped boost my confidence and push me to train to compete again. I plan to compete in FAME Halloween Mayhem again in 2006 and win the junior division as well as make a good run at the fitness model search. From there, i will attend the following world event.

No comments:

Post a Comment