Sunday, November 1, 2009

Markus Ruhl


Name: Markus Ruhl
Born: February 22, 1972, Germany
Height: 5'11
Off Season Weight: 330 Competition Weight: 285
Web Site: markus-ruehl.de

I started working out at the age of nineteen weighing in at 140 lbs without being ambitious with regard to a professional career. After four years of consistent and intense workouts I felt the decision to participate in the Newcomer Championship 1994 in Hessen, Germany. Unfortunately I hurt my shoulder, so that I was unable to compete. Accordingly I had to delay my first competition.

In 1995 after having recovered from my shoulder injury, I competed in the Bachgau Cup in Babenhausen weighing in at 243 lbs and won the heavyweight and overall title. One week later I received 2nd place at the Grosser Preis von Hessen. In 1997 after 7 years of hard workouts, I won the Hessen Championships and one week later also the German Nationals.

Being the first german bodybuilder ever, who received his pro card immediately after his victory at the Nationals, I competed in the German Pro Grand Prix in Offenbach, Germany. Although I was able again to make improvements in terms of my overall physique, I could literally see that I still lacked in refinement and muscle maturity in comparison to the world's leading men. It was crystal clear, that in addition to the nessecary improvements I would have to make regarding refinement and muscle maturity, I would also need an additional 10-15 lbs of lean muscle mass in order to achieve the competitive state, that enables me to become established in the world's pro elite. Incidentially, I placed 10th, weighing in at 258 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment